Tuesday, September 7, 2010

CUPCAKE-IFISATIONATING

What is it about the humble cupcake that brings me so much joy? Such a simple pleasure, but nothing quite beats the satisfaction of pulling out a batch of perfectly formed, golden miniature cakes from the oven, slathering them with pastel buttery frosting, and decorating them with sugar flowers and glittery gels.

In extreme procrastination from my assignments, I decided to share happiness. These cupcakes had rather garish pink and green frosting, but it sure was a lot of fun personalising them with edible glitter pens, and I think they look pretty cute. I am kind of obsessed with the recipe from this amazing baking book I got for my birthday, Ladies, A Plate. It was compiled by a dear friend of my auntie Alison, Alexa Johnston, and each recipe was tried, baked, and beautifully photographed by the author herself. It has a recipe that I swear by that makes the lightest sponge of a cake, and the creamiest frosting.















No comments:

Post a Comment